I'm in Love...with my Kitchenaid Mixer

My first love, Ron, was kind, gentle, loyal, trustworthy, incredible, determined, faithful, full of integrity and one of the most amazing people I have ever met in my entire life. I felt so lucky to be his wife. After he passed away I really wasn't sure anyone would ever fill that void for me.

Then I met the Rich, who is and always will be the love of my life. I adore him in every way. He is an incredible husband, amazing father and the best friend I could ever ask for. After our tenth anniversary last year I was still confident that he would forever be my soul mate. The one my entire life's journey had prepared me to spend the rest of my life with.

But then last summer I had a crush that turned into infatuation, maybe even a little bit of an obsession, after a lot of thought I decided to go ahead and make a move, the excitement of meeting was almost more than I could bear. I have to admit it was love at first sight and day by day our affection grew until now our relationship has grown into a very deep and abiding love.  I am totally in Love with my Kitchenaid for so many reasons.



Let me name the top 10 for you.

10. I can ignore him for long periods of time and he never complains
9.   When he is busy working, I can just walk away and do something else.
8.   He is so darn good looking.
7.   He whistles while he works.
6.   He is happy to help with making supper
5.   The kids love to play with him
4.   I can clean up after him in about 2 minutes flat.
3.   I never need to find socks for him
2.   He ALWAYS gives me what I want
1.   I can turn him on..EVERY TIME... with just the flip of a switch.

What more can I say. I will be loyal to you forever...

...Unless of course a better looking model more efficient model comes along. Afterall, I think we have already established that I am just a little fickle. And this year I am feeling very partial to the Eggplant Artisan model with splash guard and pour spout!!

Hubba, Hubba!! 

Richard, if you are following my blog which I am sure you are NOT  because it isn't about Boats, Snowmobiles, Motorcycles, Fast Cars, Engines, Servo Motors, C&C Machinery or anything else mechanical (with the exception of this post) but just incase you ever read my blog. I do still love you more than anything else in this world. I only gave a tiniest portion of my heart to my kitchenaid. I just wanted you to know.

2 comments:

Angela from what would angela do? said...

hahaha Janine!!! Love this. So funny :)

Sorella B said...

I always said that registering for a Kitchenaid stand mixer would be the only reason I would have a big wedding. I got one for christmas from my mom a couple years ago... so now I am free to elope. I know exactly how you feel. It was my first love.