Celebrate with Me! (although it has nothing to do with Icing)

When I was 7 I entered a colouring contest at the local pharmacy. It was Easter and the prize was an easter bunny almost as big as me. I carefully coloured my picture the best that I could. I stayed in all the lines and tried to colour in all the same direction so it would look neat. I was super shy (I know, hard to believe) and I almost didn't hand it back in. My mom convinced me to just take it back to the store. She would be right by my side for moral suppport. So I did.

Easter drew close and I was absolutely shocked when a call came from the Pharmacy that I had won. My mom was always such a great support but I think even she was shocked that day. The chocolate bunny was really as big as me. I brought it home and I think there was enough chocolate for the entire family and maybe even the neighbour kids.

I have entered a couple more contests in my lifetime, not many, but I have never won anything since, until today!!! It's really nothing big, I didn't win a trip or a handsome sum of money but I won a scrapbooking contest for a submission I made about my home town.



Okay, so I wasn't really even the ONLY winner. I share the title with two other very talented ladies.
We all won....wait for it.........a POSTER!! 
 It's actually a poster sized scrapbook page that I have to make myself.  Isn't that awesome!! I am so excited. I have been smiling since 2:00pm MST the time zone where the contest was run from or 4:00pm EST which is my time zone.

I have written an acceptance speech for the occasion!!

I would like to thank my friends and family for all of the support they have given me throughout my life. They have stood by me as I have tried to launch my career as a.................well as I have tried to launch my career. To my mom who knew even when I was very young that I would one day find myself at the brink of artistic stardom. For my husband, who has supported me and endured 3:00am wake ups whenever I have a new great idea. My children who are my inspiration for many scrapbook projects that I do. My friends who vote for my crafts even when they are so busy, and I know hitting the "Like" button can often be challenging, finding the right page and clicking on the right items. I really do appreciate it. I wouldn't be where I am without all of you. Now that I am so famous I promise to never forget all of you who have lent your support on my rise to stardom. I accept this award with tears in my eyes and gratitude in my heart. To all of my fans and my now "8" followers plus a few blog stalkers I have recently become aware of Thank You, Thank You!!
(Music fades in and then  louder as I exit the stage and we go to commercial.)

You would probably also like to know that for this occassion I was wearing Pyjamas, designed by George and provided by Walmart. My hair was swept back in a very fetching barrette no make up was worn except maybe some blistex.




No comments: