Sam's Birthday Cake


This was my Brother in Law's 40th Birthday Cake. It is another one of my favourites. It was so fun to do. All of the shells were made by hand, I had a jar of shells that my Mother in Law had collected on her favourite florida beach. I shaped and painted each one in tones that matched the real shells. The Corona bottles are made out of rice crispie square mixture and pressed into forms that my brilliant husband made for me. The ice cubes are also fondant covered rice crispie squares. Sand....you guessed it, brown sugar. And my favourite part of all, the tiny fondant star fish. My daughter loved those too. The thing about using Rice Crispie squares in a cake design is trying to keep them for the cake design. Everyone in my house kept stealing them!

1 comment:

Angela from what would angela do? said...

Love it Janine!! Super talented!!!