Birthday Party Extravaganza

My daughter's birthday is in the middle of June, my son's the first week of July and in 2009 I was acting as the volunteer camp director for approximately 120 teenage girls and leaders the second week of July. I was swamped and decided to combine 2  birthday parties into one. So we had the ever so clever, Princess and Knights in Shining Armour Party. The girls all came in thier finest royal apparel and the boys......  well they came in whatever they wanted but when they arrived they each got a "FOAM" sword and they were all knighted to the royal court. We rented a bouncy house that looked like a fairy tale castle and we had a pinata that looked like a princess. The girls loved it because it was a princess and the boys loved whacking it with thier swords. I designed the cake and guess what I iced it with........that's right.....French Vanilla Icing!!!
We put sparkler's in each of the towers, I thought it would be a "Magic Kingdom" effect. Great idea right? Wrong, there were too many sparklers which terrified the kids and instead of singing Happy Birthday they were all screaming and running away from the cake!!!! I only ever claimed to have a lot of ideas, I can't really say that they are always good ones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I beg to differ Janine....I think ALL your ideas are good! You are so talented and full of great ideas and you're fun!!!