Bieber Fever

My friends daughter, Addison, turned 5 this month and she LOVES Justin Bieber. Her mom shopped around and could not find a cake that fit the bill. She called me and I immediately said sure. One problem, I knew the name, I knew his music from the radio, I had no clue what he looked like, but I was committed. The birthday was only 3 days away. I hit the internet and researched everything I could about Justin Bieber, I needed photos mostly but found, videos, blogs about him, his interests, his love life, his even favourite colour, which also happened to be Addison's favourite colour. Lucky for me I had lots of Purple. I listened to songs, I watched videos and then stumbled upon the fact that his girlfriend is Selena Gomez, which the entire world is aware of except me. Well my 5 year old daughter's favourite singer is Selena Gomez, so then she decided to help me do research and eventually steered everything we were looking for closer and closer to her end goal of  watching Selena Gomez videos. Oh well, I now had what I needed and I set myself to recreating Justin Bieber in Fondant!! Here's what happened...


Getting the hair just right was tricky but the hardest part was keeping his legs from shrinking under the weight of his torso and head. I ended up taking him apart and drying him in two sections. His hair took some work and I wanted to get it right because it really is one of his signature features.........or should I say WAS!!! He cut his hair the day before the party! Oh well! Hopefully the 5 year olds were not that up on the news.
Here's what else happened.... now my household has Bieber Fever. Emma wants to watch every you tube video she can find of him.

Sorry the Pic is so small.  I am going to have to find another one and rescale it. I will replace it.

No comments: